Do you have questions about Mormonism, Mormons, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the LDS Religion, etc.? Great! This post is dedicated to ensuring that your valuable time is invested in finding answers from trustworthy, respected and reputable sources. In order to better assist with your Mormon study and Latter-day Saint research, a list of some of the best online resources have been gathered into one place. You may find the links by either watching the video and/or scrolling down the page.
LDS WEB RESOURCES and ON-LINE MORMON LIBRARY
Official LDS websites with short descriptions (expanded from video):
1. LDS.ORG : The official website of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints geared towards members of the Church, with extensive resources.
2. LDS NEWSROOM: The Official Newsroom of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Press Releases. Official Public Responses, etc.
Get all the facts regarding Basic beliefs, and answers to common questions. Many informative videos here! You may also request free literature, or chat live with a Mormon missionary.
4. Provident Living: A website dedicated to teaching Self-reliance and providing Resources for individuals and families on things such as financial freedom, food storage, and disaster preparedness.
5. Joseph Smith: An official website of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints devoted to sharing accurate information about the prophet Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon Church.
6. LDS Temples – Official site to more about the LDS temples worldwide
7. The Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship, Formerly known as The Foundation for Apologetic Research and Mormon Studies (FARMS), this group was recently renamed in honor of the late LDS Scholar and apostle, Elder N. A. Maxwell. The group was started as an independent organization in 1979 and became part of BYU in 1997. It seeks to describe and defend The Restoration through highest quality scholarship.
8. Jesus Christ, The Son of God: An official website dedicated to the core belief of the LDS Church. This site proclaims the message of Jesus Christ as Savior and Redeemer of the world. “We testify that He Lives!” Includes important articles and beautiful artwork.
9. THE LDS CHURCH NEWS: Authorized news website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints published weekly in printed form throughout the Mountain West, and offered free on-line.
10. Church History: Read the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, find historical sites, pioneer stories, and more, at this official webpage.
11. President Thomas S. Monson– the official web-page of the current president and 16th prophet of the LDS church.
Unofficial LDS Sites: Here are sources not owned, controlled by or officially affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which provide objective research and compelling information about the Mormon faith:
1. FAIR:The Foundation for Apologetic Information & Research (FAIR), is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS (Mormon) doctrine, belief and practice.
2. The More Good Foundation: committed to helping faithful Mormons share their stories with the world, and then helping the world find those stories quickly and easily.
3. The Encyclopedia of Mormonism: published by Macmillan, this resource contains hundreds of topics related to Mormonism.
4. LIGHT PLANET Mormons: The purpose of LightPlanet.com, according to their website, is to explain religious beliefs and practices in a fair and comprehensive way, stating that it is the Internets most comprehensive source of information about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It contains thousands of pages of material covering LDS beliefs, practices, culture, and history.
5. LIGHT PLANET Response: A collection of resources and discussion of common anti-Mormon attacks. There is also some fascinating information on some of the most famous professional anti-Mormons.
6. Sheilds Research: Another LDS resource for those wishing to explore historical LDS research and rebuttals to anti-Mormon allegations.
7. Nothing Wavering: A portal to promote mainstream and orthodox blogs about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, blogs by mainstream LDS members on topics other than Mormonism, as well as syndicated content from official LDS Church websites.
Here are some additional sites which I personally enjoy reading on a regular basis, and find of great worth for any Mormon Web Library:
**MormonTimes– On-line articles for and about Latter-day Saints. This is written as a supplement section to The Deseret News.
**Bloggernacle BackBench– bi-weekly spotlights on interesting posts written by Latter-day Saint bloggers
**LDS CHURCH TEMPLES – This is not an official site, but it could be! Created as a labor of love by church member Rick Satterfield, this site is continually being updated with new photos and facts dedicated to the LDS temples around the world. Interactive site, with mailing list for important updates.
**SEGULLAH – A journal published three times annually to encourage and promote literary art of Latter-day Saint Women. Always insightful.
**FamilySearch.org –the official link to on-line genealogy research. Build your family tree and research your family history, provided free by the LDS church.
**BYU Television – Streaming Brigham Young University TV programming online. This is an invaluable resource for up-to-date LDS news and religious programming. Watch and learn. Always something new to enjoy!
**Music and The Spoken Word – Official website of the Weekly Radio and Television Broadcast
**The Mormon Tabernacle Choir – Official website
**LDS Scriptures – read the entire cannon of Latter-day Saint scriptures online. The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, and much more!
**LDS Hymns – A fantastic musical resource! Search the entire Latter-day Saint Hymnbook online. Read text and listen to the songs of the Restoration.
Thank you for visiting this page. May the Lord bless your religious study of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and may you find peace in your spiritual journey. I would love to hear from you. ~ MoSop
Thank you for providing these wonderful resources and links to those seeking to know and understand more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.
There is so much information available on the Internet today, about the Church – that is NOT credible.
It’s great to know that there are so many members online today, that are making sure that correct information about the Church is being shared.