This is it! Tonight The Mormon Tabernacle Choir officially begins their “Christmas Concert Marathon” week in the Conference Center on Temple Square. Here’s how the epic schedule all goes down…
Tuesday – First rehearsal with local cast & crew
This is the first night the choir, orchestra, bells, dancers and stage crew all come together to coordinate the massive intricacies and drill down all the tricky spots (closed to the public).
A Fun Time Lapse of the stage magic during December (this was from 2012)
Wednesday – First dress rehearsal with EVERYONE
Thursday – First Christmas Concert
- 6:00 PM arrival and rehearsal
- 8:00 PM – The magic is performed for the first time to 21,000 audience members! [technically, this is our first full run-through from start to finish with all the magic, and it is always amazing and thrilling how it comes together!] This night is the very first time the choir and cast get to hear organist Richard Elliot’s surprise organ solo [it is always one of the highly anticipated moments of every concert]!
Solo from 2009 – Improvisations on Good King Wenceslas
Note: This is a FREE event. Tickets are required for early entrance, however there is a standby line. The concert is also broadcast onto a large screen inside the Tabernacle for overflow.
Friday – Second Concert
8:00 PM Another full house of 21,000 audience members. Free ticketed event, with standby line and Tabernacle overflow.
Saturday – The “Miracle Extra Mile Day”
- Early afternoon arrival of Choir/Orchestra/Bells/Dancers/Guest Artists/Tech crew. We give a FULL performance without an audience to get a “clean audio take” and extra camera visuals which will be used for the future CD/DVD creation.
- All above cast/crew goes to dinner
- All return to the stage for an 8:00 PM Final performance for a full house of 21,000 audience members
Free ticketed event, with standby line and Tabernacle overflow.
Sunday – Morning Broadcast
early morning arrival to perform our weekly live TV/radio broadcast of Music and The Spoken Word
This event is open to the public, no ticket required. You must arrive by 9:15 am. Program runs from 9:30-10:00 am.
Whew! That’s it… can I collapse now?
Nope! Mr. Mo’s Family Christmas Party will be taking place at our house – Sunday afternoon! hehe – because, why not!
The More Christmas, The More Merry!
God Bless Us, Every One! – MoSop